Well, it’s been a while again…I had some major problems with my computer, but I’m back on track now!
Anyone in the mood for Asian food? Instead of calling your local take out place, you can whip this meal up in no time, and it looks, tastes, and smells great! Plus it’s healthier and MSG-free… Break out your chopsticks everybody!
500g (18 oz) skinless, boneless salmon fillets (cut into bite size pieces)
400 g (14 oz) frozen stir fry vegetables (thawed)
500 ml (17 fl. oz) coconut milk
1 lime (zest + juice)
2 tbsp tomato paste
2 tbsp concentrated seafood stock
1 tsp paprika
2 tsp curry powder
0.5 tsp chili powder
0.5 tsp salt
0.5 tsp black pepper
1 tsp fresh or frozen coriander leaves (finely chopped)
1 tsp ginger root (grated or very finely chopped)
1 red chili pepper (seeded and finely chopped)
1. In a sauté pan over medium-high heat, bring coconut milk, tomato paste, seafood stock, lime zest, paprika, curry powder, and chili powder to a boil.
2. Reduce the heat to medium-low and give the sauce a good stir.
3. Add the salmon and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
4. Add salt, black pepper, lime juice, and thawed vegetables.
5. Cook for a few more minutes, stirring gently, until the vegetables are heated through.
6. Serve with noodles (or jasmine rice if you prefer).
7. Garnish with coriander, ginger root, and chili.