If you’re like me and love muffins and maple syrup and walnuts…then you’ll love these fluffy maple-walnut muffins with a crunchy sugar topping! The aroma coming from your kitchen will have the neighbors lining up outside your home! Whether you choose to share or not is entirely up to you! 😉
(6 jumbo muffins)
4 dl (1 ¾ c) flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
0.5 tsp baking soda
1.25 dl (½ c) granulated sugar
1.25 dl (½ c) brown sugar
4 tbsp maple syrup
100 g butter (softened)*
1.5 dl (⅔ c) milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1.25 dl (½ c) chopped walnuts
1 tbsp granulated sugar + 1 tbsp brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 200 C (390 F).
2. Grease a jumbo muffin pan or line with jumbo paper muffin cups.
3. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
4. In another bowl, beat eggs, sugars and maple syrup until fluffy.
5. Add the butter, the milk, and the vanilla.
6. Add the dry ingredients, a little at a time, and mix until just incorporated.
7. Stir in the chopped walnuts.
8. Spoon mixture into the muffin pan, filling each cup about ¾ full.
9. Sprinkle sugar topping over each muffin before baking.
10.Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
11.Allow muffins to cool slightly (5-10 minutes) before serving.