Looking for something delicious to sink your teeth into? Do you love pasta with meat sauce and melted cheese on top? If you answered yes to both questions, then this recipe is definitely for you! This is an easy meal to prepare and is sure to put a smile on your face and everyone who tastes it!
700 g (1½ lbs) ground beef
1 large yellow onion (finely chopped)
3 cloves of garlic (grated or very finely chopped)
450 g (16 oz) crushed or diced tomatoes
450 g (16 oz) strained tomatoes
1.5 – 2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp concentrated beef stock
0.5 tsp dried oregano
0.5 tsp dried thyme
1 tbsp fresh or frozen basil
1 tsp salt
0.5 tsp black pepper
500 g pasta (any type of short pasta such as penne, macaroni, etc.)
400 g (14 oz) shredded gouda cheese
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add 1-2 tsp of salt, and cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
2. Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large nonstick skillet.
3. Add the beef, breaking it up into smaller pieces with a wooden fork, a spatula with holes in it, or a potato masher.
4. When the meat starts to brown, add the onion and garlic and cook until tender.
5. Add the tomatoes, herbs, salt, pepper, and the concentrated beef stock, stirring well until stock is dissolved.
6. Simmer over medium heat for about 10-15 minutes.
7. Put the drained pasta in a 30x25x5 cm (12x10x2 in) baking dish and pour the meat sauce over the pasta, making sure to mix well.
8. Cover with cheese and bake in a 200 C (400 F) oven for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown.
9. Serve with a fresh salad on the side.
(Tip: You can, of course, use other cheeses such as cheddar, edam, emmentaler, mozzarella, etc.)