Who can resist the wonderful aroma of garlicy lemony potatoes roasting in the oven? I know I can’t! Make these delicious potatoes for your dinner guests and I guarantee that these beauties will be gone before they hit the table! You might want to make extra… 😉
20 small potatoes (peeled and halved) or 10 medium potatoes (peeled and quartered)
3 cloves of garlic (crushed with the blade of a knife, no need to peel them)
3-4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2-3 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
3 tbsp water
1. Preheat oven to 200 C (390 F).
2. Pour half of the olive oil and 3 tbsp water into a roasting pan or baking dish.
3. Put the garlic cloves into the pan (don’t put them all in the same spot, spread them around the pan).
4. Add the potatoes to the pan and drizzle with fresh lemon juice and the remaining olive oil.
5. Sprinkle with oregano, salt and pepper.
6. Roast in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until crispy and golden on top.
7. Serve as a side with your favorite meat dish along with a fresh salad.
(Tip: These potatoes go really well with grilled meat.)
(Tip 2: Don’t throw the garlic cloves away…When garlic is roasted it becomes mild and sweet. Really yummy on bread!)