This is a very easy meal that you can make for breakfast, lunch, brunch or dinner…What time you eat/serve it is entirely up to you! It doesn’t take long to prepare either and it is very filling so you won’t find yourself with the munchies half an hour later… 🙂
4 medium sized potatoes (peeled and cut into 1.5 cm/0.5 in thick strips)
6 eggs (beaten with 1 tsp salt and 0.5 tsp black pepper)
1 large red onion (finely chopped)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tbsp fresh or frozen chives (finely chopped)
1. Heat oil in a large skillet.
2. Fry potatoes and onion until potatoes are golden brown and onion is tender.
3. Season with oregano and more salt and pepper if desired.
4. Pour beaten eggs over potatoes and onions and cook until eggs are set and a little crispy around the edges, stirring occasionally to scramble them.
5. Sprinkle chives on top and serve immediately.
(Tip: Add some crumbled feta cheese to the pan before pouring the eggs over everything for extra saltiness and tanginess. But omit the extra salt in step 3.)