Wow! I can’t believe a whole month has gone by already..It was never my intention to let so much time pass between posts, but sometimes things get in the way…That’s just life I guess.. 🙂
Anyway, I have some great recipes coming your way, starting with this yummy oven-baked omelette! It’s easy to make and it serves an entire family or a group of friends! 🙂
1 head of broccoli (trimmed and cut into florets)
250-300 g (9-10 oz) bacon (cut into thick strips or cubes)
3-4 medium sized potatoes (peeled and cubed)
1 green bell pepper (finely chopped)
1 large yellow onion (finely chopped)
1 tbsp olive oil
9 eggs + 9 tbsp water
1 tsp salt
0.5 tsp ground black pepper
0.5 tsp dried oregano
0.5 tsp dried thyme
1. Heat oven to 200 C (400 F)
2. Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the broccoli for 3-4 minutes. It should have a nice bright green color when it’s done.
3. Heat olive oil in a large skillet and fry potatoes until golden brown.
4. Put onion and bell pepper in skillet and cook until tender. Set aside.
5. Cook bacon in the same oil until it is light brown, but not crispy, otherwise it will burn in the oven…
6. Drain excess oil and fat.
7. Put the potatoes, onion, bell pepper, and broccoli in a 30x25x5 cm (12x10x2 in) baking dish or baking pan.
8. Beat the eggs with water, salt, pepper, and herbs.
9. Pour egg mixture over the ingredients in the baking dish and top with the bacon..
10. Bake for 35-45 minutes (depending on your oven and how crispy you want your omelette to be)
(Tip: If you like cheese, you can top the omelette with some sharp grated cheese (such as cheddar or gouda) halfway through the baking time.)