Here we are again and another long period of time has gone by. I apologize for not posting anything in almost 2 months….I have been very busy and sometimes even lacked inspiration. I hope I can be more active from now on as I have many many recipes to share with you!
These cupcakes are a mint lover’s dream and if you are a chocoholic like I am then you will love these! They are not only pretty, they taste amazing too! So what are you waiting for? Put on an apron and get baking! 🙂
(6 jumbo cupcakes)
2.5 dl (1 c) flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
1.25 dl (½ c) granulated sugar
100 g butter (softened)*
2 tbsp milk
Chocolate mint filling:
150 g (5.5 oz) chocolate mint thins
3 dl (1 ⅓ c) whipping cream
White chocolate frosting:
200 g (7 oz) cream cheese
200 g (7 oz) white chocolate
a few drops of green food color
For the filling which needs to be prepared the day before:
1. Heat the whipping cream in a double boiler or in a bowl on top of a pot with boiling water.
2. Add the mint thins and stir until they have melted completely.
3. Allow the filling to cool for about 15-20 minutes and then store it in the refridgerator until the next day.
4. When you’re ready to fill the cupcakes, beat the mint chocolate cream until it is thick and forms peaks.
For the frosting which can be prepared the same day or one day in advance:
1. Melt chocolate in a double boiler or in a bowl on top of a pot with boiling water.
2. Let the chocolate cool slightly for a few minutes.
3. Beat cream cheese until soft.
4. Add the chocolate and some green food color until the frosting has a nice minty green color.
For the cupcakes:
1. Preheat oven to 200 C (390 F).
2. Grease a jumbo muffin pan or line with jumbo paper muffin cups.
3. In a medium bowl, combine flour and baking powder.
4. In another bowl, beat the butter and sugar until creamy.
5. Beat in the eggs (one at a time) and the milk.
6. Add the dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated.
7. Pour mixture into the muffin pan, filling each cup about ¾ full.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
9. Allow cupcakes to cool slightly (5-10 minutes) before filling and frosting them.
10.To fill the cupcakes, cut out the center of each cupcake using a paring knife and cutting at an angle so that the “lid” looks like a cone..
11.Fill the center with the chocolate mint cream and put the “lid” back.
12.Frost the cupcakes with the minty green frosting and decorate each cupcake with green sugar or sprinkles and half a mint thin.
* To soften butter, microwave it on the defrost setting for a total of 15-20 seconds, 5 seconds at a time, turning the butter after each 5-second interval.