Now that summer’s here and it’s so hot that you can’t bear to stand in a hot kitchen all day, a nice, cold salad is the way to go! It’s so easy to throw this salad together and it will feed an army! 🙂 It has a flavorful and tangy olive oil-lemon dressing that will have your tastebuds dancing with joy! Bon Appétit or Kalí Orexi as we say in Greece!
8-10 medium potatoes
400g (14 oz) canned tuna in water or brine (well drained and flaked with a fork)
1 large bell pepper (any color) (diced)
1 large red onion (finely chopped)
2 large tomatoes (diced)
1 small cucumber (diced)
300 g (10 oz) canned corn (drained)
400 g (14 oz) canned kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
20-25 kalamata olives
2-3 tbsp olive oil
juice of 1 large lemon
2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 tsp dried oregano
3 tbsp fresh or frozen basil (finely chopped)
2 tbsp fresh or frozen chives (finely chopped)
1. Peel and cut the potatoes into 0.5 cm (¼ in) slices.
2. Boil them for 10-15 minutes (but don’t overcook them or they’ll crumble while mixing them into the salad)
3. Combine the chopped vegetables, beans, corn, olives, and tuna in a large salad bowl.
4. Mix the dressing ingredients with a fork or whisk and pour into the salad bowl.
5. Add the sliced potatoes and toss carefully until combined with the rest of the ingredients in the bowl.