Calling all chocoholics! This is the muffin for you! Chocolate muffins loaded with gooey chocolate chips and topped with your favorite ice cream (why not chocolate or vanilla fudge swirl for example?) and sprinkles… And if you’re feeling extra naughty, top with a generous helping of whipped cream and hot fudge…YUM!! 🙂
4 dl ( 1 ¾ c) flour
1.75 dl (¾ c) sugar
4 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla powder
2 pinches of salt
7 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
175 g (6 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 dl (1 ⅓ c) milk
1 dl (3.5 fl oz.) corn oil
1. Preheat oven to 200 C (390 F).
2. Grease a muffin tin or line with paper muffin cups.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, vanilla, salt and cocoa powder.
4. In another bowl, beat egg, milk, and oil for 1 minute.
5. Pour mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until batter is smooth. Do not overmix…
6. Pour batter into the muffin tin, filling almost all the way to the top.
7. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of each muffin and press them down into the batter a bit by using a toothpick or a teaspoon…
8. Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
9. Allow muffins to cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
10.Serve muffins with ice cream and sprinkles on top.
(Tip: Hot fudge and whipped cream can also go on top for an extra indulgent treat!)