This is a choco lover’s dream: chewy gooey bars packed with chunks of milk chocolate and crushed walnuts….topped with chocolate syrup and chocolate chips… So yummy and chocolatey! Share them with friends and family or eat them all by yourself…it’s up to you! 🙂
5.25 dl ( 2 ¼ c) flour
1.25 dl (½ c) unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp of salt
225 g (8 oz.) butter (softened) *
1.75 dl (¾ c) granulated sugar
1.75 dl (¾ c) brown sugar
1.5 tsp vanilla extract
1.25 dl (½ c) chocolate syrup
200 g milk chocolate (cut into 1 cm/0.5 in cubes)
2.5 dl (1 c) chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 190 C (375 F).
2. Grease a 40x30x5 cm (16x12x2 in) rectangular cake pan.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
4. In another bowl, beat butter, sugars, vanilla extract, and chocolate syrup until creamy.
5. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition, until well incorporated.
6. Add the dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated.
7. Carefully stir in the chocolate and the nuts. Do not overmix…
8. Spread mixture evenly into cake pan and flatten slightly with the back of a spoon or spatula.
9. Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
10.Cut into bars after cooling .
11.Serve with chocolate chips and chocolate syrup on top.
* To soften butter, microwave it on the defrost setting for a total of 15-20 seconds, 5 seconds at a time, turning the butter after each 5-second interval.
(Tip: Whipped cream and mini marshmallows can also go on top for extra yumminess!)
(Tip 2: Allergic to nuts or just don’t like the way they taste? Substitute the nuts with 2.5 dl (1 c) chocolate..Why not try white chocolate?)