I decided to post yet another chocoholic recipe and this one calls out to all the Nutella fans as well! AND, if you happen to like the chocolate-banana-Nutella flavor combo, then these cupcakes will blow your mind! 🙂
(8 jumbo cupcakes or 16 regular-sized)
4.75 dl ( 2 c) flour
1.75 dl (¾ c) sugar
4.5 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla powder
2 pinches of salt
8 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
2 large, very ripe bananas (mashed) (the riper the banana, the more banana flavor these cupcakes will have)
3 dl (1 ⅓ c) milk
1 dl (3.5 fl oz) corn oil
0.5 dl (¼ c) chocolate syrup
200 g (7 oz) Nutella
200 g (7 oz) cream cheese
For the frosting which can be prepared the same day or one day in advance:
1. Beat cream cheese until soft.
2. Add Nutella to the cream cheese and beat until creamy and well incorporated.
For the cupcakes:
1. Preheat oven to 200 C (390 F).
2. Grease a muffin tin or line with paper muffin cups.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, vanilla, salt and cocoa powder.
4. In another bowl, beat eggs, milk, oil, chocolate syrup, and bananas for a couple of minutes, until relatively smooth..
5. Pour mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until batter is smooth. Do not overmix…
6. Pour batter into the muffin tin, filling each cup about ¾ full.
7. Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
8. Allow cupcakes to cool for 10-15 minutes before frosting them.
9. Frost the cupcakes with the Nutella frosting and decorate with sprinkles or white chocolate chips.