Do you like chocolate? Do you like peanut butter? Do you like Nutella? If you answered yes to all three questions, then this is the cupcake for you!! Imagine a super chocolaty, peanut buttery and heavenly cupcake topped with a creamy Nutella frosting! Well, what are you waiting for…Make a batch and indulge! Yummy!! 😉
4 dl ( 1 ¾ c) flour
1.75 dl (¾ c) sugar
4 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla powder
2 pinches of salt
7 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
175 g (6 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 dl (¾ c) peanut butter
3 dl (1 ⅓ c) milk
1 dl (3.5 fl oz.) corn oil
0.5 dl (¼ c) chocolate syrup
200 g (7 oz) Nutella
200 g (7 oz) cream cheese
For the frosting which can be prepared the same day or one day in advance:
1. Beat cream cheese until soft.
2. Add Nutella to the cream cheese and beat until creamy and well incorporated.
For the cupcakes:
1. Preheat oven to 200 C (390 F).
2. Grease a muffin tin or line with paper muffin cups.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, vanilla, salt and cocoa powder.
4. In another bowl, beat egg, milk, oil, chocolate syrup, and peanut butter for a minute or two.
5. Pour mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until batter is smooth. Do not overmix…
6. Spoon batter into the muffin tin, filling almost all the way to the top.
7. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top and press them down into the batter a bit by using a toothpick or a teaspoon…
8. Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
9. Allow cupcakes to cool for 10-15 minutes before frosting them.
10.Frost the cupcakes with the Nutella frosting and decorate with sprinkles or white chocolate chips.