4 dl ( 1 ¾ c) flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
0.5 tsp baking soda
2.5 dl (1 c) sugar
100 g (3.5 oz) butter (melted)
1.25 dl (½ c) milk
1 tsp vanilla powder
1 ripe banana (mashed)
2.5 dl (1 c) frozen strawberries (thawed, drained and mashed)
1.25 dl (½ c) shredded coconut
1. Preheat oven to 175 C (350 F).
2. Grease a muffin pan or line with paper muffin cups.
3. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and baking soda.
4. In another bowl, beat eggs and sugar, until the mixture starts to whiten.
5. Add the melted butter, the milk, the vanilla, the banana, the strawberries, and the coconut. Mix well.
6. Add the dry ingredients, a little at a time, and mix until just incorporated.
7. Pour mixture into the muffin pan, filling almost all the way to the top.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
9. Allow muffins to cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
(Tip: These muffins taste great with frosting, icing, or whipped cream. Since it’s Valentine’s Day, you might want to make pink icing, as seen in the photo.)
300 g (10.5 oz) powdered sugar (sifted)
3-4 tbsp water
1-2 drops of red food coloring
Combine powdered sugar and water, adding 1 teaspoon of water at a time, until icing reaches spreading consistency.